On Monday, we learned about MIDIs, and how they work.
Our exercise on that day was to download a MIDI version of a song from a website, place it into Ableton Live, and cover the MIDI by inserting different sounds and instruments into the song. The song I chose was “Night Fever” by the Bee Gees.
I really like what I’ve done with this, because I chose a variety of different and cool sounds to create the song.
On Friday, some of us worked on an Adobe Effects exercise, while others (including me) kept working our our assignments. Thomas told me that I had to add more depth and realism to my magazine spread, because my photoshopped picture so far looked pretty flat. I got more pictures of lava, and then used the clone stamp tool to place patterns all over the ground, so it would look more detailed and three-dimensional. I also had to try to make the playground look like it was pulled into the lava, and make the grass look like it was on fire. Because I was so busy working on the assignment, I had to work on the Adobe Effects exercise at home.