On Tuesday and Wednesday, I spent the two classes working on my written word assignment for the final presentation.
On Tuesday, I fixed up some errors in my project. When I did that, I finally decided that my video was now ready for rendering.
The video that I had finished was around 10 minutes long. When my teacher noticed this, he said that if I’m going to show my video in a presentation to everyone, I have to make it a bit smaller, so it doesn’t feel too long. He also told me to keep the original version when I need to upload it on Blackboard. So I cut the video down to around 6 minutes, and rendered it again.
On Wednesday, I had continued doing work on the Assignment 3 presentation on Illustrator. I already started making the presentation at home, so I had to finish it today, so I can have time to do a written word piece about the project as well. For the presentation, I added details about what I had previously done on my project throughout the semester, what I had learned, and I possibly could have done better on.
On Tuesday, I had some trouble trying to upload my stuff from Google Drive onto another computer. Some of the clips were too big that it was difficult to try and upload them all at once. It took me an hour until I finally got everything that I needed on the computer.
After that, I talked to my teacher about the music problem I was having last week, and he told me that the best idea is to edit and duplicate parts of the music to make it longer. I tried it out, and I thought it worked much better. The repeated parts of the music are not entirely seamless, but they’re good enough to feel like they’re not completely choppy.
On Wednesday, I worked on placing and editing the rest of the clips onto Premiere Pro.
I had just been off last week for Easter holidays, and I spent some of it finishing the five scenes on After Effects.
I was ready to export them at Uni, but my teacher told me that I shouldn’t upload and edit videos from my USB, since that would take too much time and storage. I placed all my work on Google Drive instead.
After that, I exported the scenes, and started editing my project on Premiere Pro.
A problem I noticed during editing was the scenes were so long that they were almost going to be longer than the music that I needed for the entirety of the video. I have different options of either replacing the music with a longer song, or editing the clips to make them shorter.
On Week 7, I started to create important scenes in After Effects for my project; using the right clips, fonts and effects for the video.
On Tuesday, I started to work on some of the project. I had to use Premiere Pro, and it was difficult at first, because I haven’t used that program much.
I also made my second presentation for next week. Because I needed to put videos in it, it couldn’t be on Illustrator, so I used InDesign instead. It exported fine, but it can only work on Adobe Acrobat, not Preview.
On Wednesday, I continued working on some of the project, but this time I tried to work on it in After Effects. The hardest part was trying to make a gif have a transparent background.
On Tuesday and Wednesday, I focused on creating my storyboard for my video. I needed to make the storyboard so I would have visual reference for what my video has to look like. Once I finished the storyboard on Wednesday, I started work on the animatic.
I showed my teacher test footage of what my project would like, and his feedback was to have some of the video be more longer so people can notice the imagery more.